Help Feed Haiti
[sniplet Haiti Video YT] Since the disastrous earthquake in Haiti, the World Food Programme (WFP) ha... Read MoreCategory: Switch Portfolio
With Switch Video being one of the world’s leading producers of explainer video, it’s pretty clear to us that video explanation make things, well, clearer.
Here’s a tour of some of our favorite explanation video. They’re of varying styles, but they all do a great job of tackling some pretty complex subjects.
1. Statistics – This one is incredible. Hans Rosling’s 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes – The Joy of Stats from BBC Four takes us on a tour of how the world’s countries have progressed in wealth and life span over the last 200 years. All in four very entertaining minutes.
2. U.S. unemployment policy – The Unemployment Game Show from Mint.com eliminates jobless contestants and explains each of them aren’t unemployed – at least not in the eyes of the government.
3. World hunger – The Billion for a Billion campaign sought to inspire a billion Internet users to help a billion hungry children. Powerful stuff.
4. Email overwhelm – Gmail Priority Inbox from Google mixes together some fun music, clever animation and a universal problem.
5. Newlywed bliss – This promotional video from the Public Storage company addresses a common issue between newly married couples.
6. Cooking – Western Spaghetti isn’t exactly a cooking lesson, but I bet it will inspire your creativity!
7. Micro loans – Kiva- The Pedro Story explains how a small amount of money can make a big difference.
8. Cloud Computing – Google Cloud Calculator shows companies whether or not cloud computing is right for them.
9. Political change – Voter Voice by Epipheo shows people how this computer application can rally a group of people who are interested in the same cause.
10. High-tech treasure hunting – What is Geocaching? explains this game for adventure seekers.
We love doing this. We hope you do too.
We’d also love it if you’d let us know of any explanation video that illustrates complex topics well. And we’ll credit you in future Top Tens!