We’re hiring… again! Switch Video is currently looking to hire 3-5 more animators in the next month to join our dynamic team in Collingwood Ontario. Applying is simple – it’s a video job application (You can find the link at the bottom of this post).
About Switch Video
Switch Video is one of the worlds’ largest animated video production companies. In the last year alone, we’ve produced over 200 simple explainer videos that “explain what you do”. Our animated web video for business is utilized by medium-sized companies to global corporations to simplify their product offerings.
Since joining the Common Craft Explainer Network more than a year ago we have only continued to grow. We have expanded our client list to include companies like Microsoft, Unisys, the United Nations, TheLadders, Pearson Education, Discover, Duracell and more.
Our office is located in Collingwood – less than 2 hours north of Toronto. Collingwood offers a great recreational lifestyle on the shores on Georgian Bay, at the foot of Blue Mountain and just 15 minutes west of Wasaga Beach. It truly offers the benefits of both a city and small town with lots of great places to eat, shop and be entertained. You can enjoy nature and outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, biking, swimming, boating and more.
Your position at Switch Video will be animating and illustrating videos in Adobe Flash for our clients. You will be assigned a project and work closely with the Project Manager and Script Writer on that project to produce a simple, explainer videos that meets the client’s needs and exceeds their expectations.
You will work at our office in Collingwood and meet with clients regularly to discuss storyboards and creative direction. You will also be required to complete projects within their allocated budget and be responsible for meeting project milestones.
- Strong background in animation and illustration.
- Experience in communicating professionally with clients in all manners and focused on meeting the clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Desire to produce simple, explainer videos in the Switch Video styles.
- Happy to be an engaged member of a growing business that is both dynamic and creative.
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively in a collaborative office environment.
- Professional and serious about delivering high quality work on time. Experience with meeting deadlines is an asset.
- Ability to work independently on client projects as an animator, as well as in a team of project managers, script writers and the company as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to improve work-flow and create efficiencies.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized.
- Familiarity with web-based management tools such as Basecamp and Market7 is also an asset.
- Post secondary education in a related field.
- 1-2 years experience producing flash animation.
The starting hourly rate for an Animator/Illustrator is $15 – $20 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Applying is easy and fun and involves NO COVER LETTER… just a few questions and your resume. (Cover letters are a pain!) It’s a video job application… and that means you need a web cam. If you have questions please contact us.
Please apply by clicking on this link below.