Switch Video is currently looking to hire a Video Editor to join our dynamic team in Collingwood Ontario. Applying is simple – it’s a video job application (You can find the link at the bottom of this post).
We’re paying $500 for any referral that leads to a full-time hire at Switch Video. We’re also paying $250 for any referral that leads to a part-time/contract hire. If your friend/associate gets hired, and they mention your name, we’ll cut you a check. It’s that simple.
Tell your friends. Spread the word. Send them this link already![sniplet about-switch]
Your position at Switch Marketing will be editing, shooting and rendering animation/illustration-based videos for our clients. You will be assigned a project and work closely with Animation and Editing teams on that deliver the final product to the client – a simple, explanatory video that meets the client’s needs and exceeds their expectations.
You will work at our office in Collingwood and meet with clients regularly to discuss storyboards and creative direction. You will also be required to complete projects within their allocated budget and be responsible for meeting project milestones.
- Strong background in video shooting, camera editing, editing/rendering software.
- Experience in communicating professionally with clients in all manners and focused on meeting the clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Demonstrate a strong creative ability.
- Initiate creative feedback, solutions and cutting edge ideas.
- Desire to deliver simple, explanatory videos in the Switch style.
- Happy to be an engaged member of a growing business that is both dynamic and creative.
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively in a collaborative office environment.
- Professional and serious about delivering high quality work on time. Experience with meeting deadlines is an asset.
- Ability to work independently on client projects as an editor, as well as in a team of project managers, script writers and the company as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to improve work-flow and create efficiencies.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized.
- Experience rendering and encoding videos is an asset
- Familiarity with web-based management tools such as Basecamp is also an asset.
- Post secondary education in a related field.
- 1-2 years experience editing, rendering and filming.
The starting hourly rate for a Video Editor is $16 – $20 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Applying is easy and fun and involves NO COVER LETTER… just a few questions and your resume. (Cover letters are a pain!) The super cool part is that it is a video job application… yup that means you need a web cam. If you have questions please contact us.
Please apply by clicking on this link below.