Animation Video is going viral
Video alone already has a big advantage over plain text – we know, for instance, that viewers retain 58% more of what they see versus what they read. Animated video adds another layer of sensory information to your viewer’s experience. When the action onscreen reinforces what the audio is saying (versus, let’s say, video of the speaker standing on a stage), this helps you tap into the brain science behind what makes videos so memorable.
… Here’s how to make yours count
Here are some tips for maximizing the impact of your animation video production:
1) Be selective – While there’s probably a lot you want your viewer to know about your company, you’ve only got about two minutes to hold their attention so be very focused with your message!
2) Keep it simple – While we do want to provide these two layers of sensory information, we don’t want to overload the brain. Use stick figures and basic outlines, rather than complex scenes and backgrounds.
3) Have fun – The most viral videos are usually the ones that make us laugh. When we’re laughing and having fun, we’re more relaxed and receptive to learning. We also tend to have good feelings about whoever made us feel that way!
4) Make a connection – Use metaphors to help your viewer connect your new information to something they already know.
5) Speak up – Be honest with your animators about what you do and don’t like. The sky’s the limit on what they can draw up for you, but it gets trickier and more expensive to change things further along in the process.
If you want your prospective customers to quickly understand your message, and remember it when they’re ready to buy, consider adding animation video to your marketing plan.