For consumers, the digital stratosphere is rife with noise: web banners and retargeting and whitepapers – oh my! Coupled with the ways in which users consume content: social networks, apps, email and more; how are you ensuring your content cuts through the noise in a way that compels your customers to listen?
By now you likely know that video is the most engaging medium at a marketers disposal. We’ve touched on it here, and here…. and also here! It’s safe to say we’ve got a thing for video but here are some reasons why you too, should make your relationship with video marketing Facebook official 😉
- 50% of online customers look for a video related to a product or service before they visit the store.
- Video is shared 1200% more on social media than any other content type.
- Adding a video to your site increases your chance of a front-page Google result by 50 times.
There’s no denying the increases in exposure and reach you’ll experience when leveraging video effectively into your online marketing mix. But the power of video goes beyond views. Done well, it can entice a click, a form completion and ultimately, a sale. Take Forbes’ word for it:
- Video can increase click-through rates in your marketing emails by 200-300%.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 92% of people who consume mobile videos share them with other people.
With conversion statistics like that, it’s time to re-evaluate your marketing spend and strategy. Is video front and centre in your campaigns? If not, it’s time to make space in the spotlight for this conversion powerhouse.
The digital revolution fought for its slice of the pie cutting into budgets for traditional media sources – print, billboard, radio and television – and now video is having its comeuppance.
Here are some actionable steps you can take to elevate your existing marketing efforts that use video to drive tangible results:
- Inclusion of the word “video” can increase opens by 19%.
- Open-to-reply rates are 8x greater in emails that contain a video.
- Click-through rates can be increased by 200-300% when video is included.
Consider these facts when planning and designing your next email marketing campaign and you’ll be the king (or queen) of click-throughs! The following are even more ways you can incorporate video on your website:
With a 1-minute video equating to 1.8 million words (Forrester) and 95% of viewers retaining the information they receive via video, it seems that video hosting on your website or landing page is a no-brainer for attracting customers and inducing conversions. Not convinced? According to a Wistia study, people spent on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. We’ve already told you that embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80% but such staggering facts are worth repeating!
Here at Switch, we want to help set you up for video marketing success. Optimal video marketing includes content specific to each stage of the sales funnel, personalized video, teaser videos, longform content and more. With the four most common video types for business – Explainers, How-To’s, Testimonials and Product Demos – you can find samples in our portfolio. Have a look at our past work and the clients we’ve created content for that has not only elevated their video marketing profile but also resulted in increased conversion rates.
Get in touch to discuss how we can do the same for your business.