Please check out our job descriptions below and send your portfolio to [email protected]ideo.com if you are interested in working for Switch.
Switch Video brings stories to life!
Over the past decade we have informed, educated and inspired countless employees and consumers through the design and delivery of captivating video animation.
On behalf of our clients, ranging from medium-sized businesses to global corporations, we take complex ideas and turn them into memorable bite sized videos to drive engagement and understanding. We make ideas sticky…
Here is the best part, we are in Collingwood! With more coffee shops, great restaurants and fun per capita than any community we can think of! Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Blue Mountain are renowned for beaches, ski hills and endless outdoor activities. Oh, and wait until you see our office… you should be here!
During this one-year contract you will translate words and ideas into visual stories. To accomplish this, you will partner with our producers, script writers, project managers and a client to create the story and visual approach to telling it. Your ability to use tools like Adobe Illustrator, After Effects and Activate are core to your role, and we would love to see what you have done to date. We are just as interested in how you work and your accomplishments as we are in your formal training and background.
If you are someone who loves to collaborate, to create and to exceed expectations you probably belong here. If you take pride in hitting project milestones and budgets… you definitely do.
A Typical Day
You will listen to clients, ask great questions, ideate with your team and design great solutions…
Much of your time will be spent connecting with clients from our downtown office either by phone or using online meetings to discuss storyboards, concepts, animation, and creative direction related to your projects. You may also spend some time sharing and learning at the office kombucha cooler with your team.
What You Bring
- You are a pro with Adobe Illustrator and After Effects
- You live and breathe graphic design, illustration, and animation.
- Clients love working with you, from your communication style to your ability to understand their needs and their ideas.
- You want to add your talents and personality to our teams culture, creative skills and growth. Read as… you are a great collaborator that we will love to work with!
- A history of people counting on you to get it done, when promised, as promised.
- A track record of being a great communicator who spots opportunities to streamline work and create efficiencies.
If this sounds like you, we would love to see your work! Email your portfolio and tell us a bit about yourself at [email protected]. Can’t wait to hear from you…