Your position at Switch Video will be animating and/or illustrating videos in Adobe Flash for our clients. You will be assigned a project and work closely with the Project Manager and Script Writer on that project to produce a simple, explanatory video that meets the client’s needs and exceeds their expectations.
You will work at our office in Collingwood and meet with clients regularly to discuss storyboards and creative direction. You will also be required to complete projects within their allocated budget and be responsible for meeting project milestones.
- Strong background in animation and illustration.
- Experience in communicating professionally with clients in all manners and focused on meeting the clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Desire to produce simple, explanatory videos in the Switch style.
- Happy to be an engaged member of a growing business that is both dynamic and creative.
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively in a collaborative office environment.
- Professional and serious about delivering high quality work on time. Experience with meeting deadlines is an asset.
- Ability to work independently on client projects as an animator, as well as in a team of project managers, script writers and the company as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to improve work-flow and create efficiencies.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized.
- Familiarity with web-based management tools such as Basecamp is also an asset.
- Post secondary education in a related field.
- 1-2 years experience producing flash animation.
The starting hourly rate for an Animator/Illustrator is $16 – $18 depending on experience. This is a full time position and includes benefits like a health and dental plan.
How to Apply
Applying is easy and fun and involves NO COVER LETTER… just a few questions and your resume. (Cover letters are a pain!) The super cool part is that it is a video job application… yup that means you need a web cam. If you have questions please contact us.
Please apply by clicking on this link below.