Your position at Switch Marketing will be writing web video scripts for our clients’ projects. You will be assigned a project and work closely with the Project Manager and Animator on that project to produce a simple, explanatory video that meets the client’s needs and exceeds their expectations.
You will work at our office in Collingwood some of the time and meet with clients regularly to discuss storyboards and creative direction. The role of script writer is extremely vital to our process because how you take the client’s message and simplify it into a short, fun and easy to understand story is what the animator bases his/her illustrations on, and is what forms the base of a great video.
You will also be required to complete projects within each one’s allocated budget and be responsible for meeting project milestones.
This position is a contract position that is paid hourly per project and will average 20 hours per week, equaling 4-5 projects at a time.
- Strong background in writing with experience in simplifying/summarizing messages as well as writing dialogue.
- Experience in communicating professionally with clients in all manners and focused on meeting the clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Happy to be an engaged member of a growing business that is both dynamic and creative.
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively in a collaborative office environment.
- Professional and serious about delivering high quality work on time. Experience with meeting deadlines is essential.
- Ability to work independently on client projects as a script writer, as well as in a team of project managers, animators and the company as a whole.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive thinker who seeks to improve work-flow and create efficiencies.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized.
- Post secondary education in writing, script writing, journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years writing experience
- Familiarity with Basecamp is an asset.
The starting hourly rate for a Script Writer is $16 – $18 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Complete the questions below and attach your resume at the bottom.